Airplane Health Management
Managing information to improve operational decision-making
Boeing Airplane Health Management (AHM) provides timely identification and diagnosis of airplane system issues, which improves performance and operational efficiency. A maintenance decision support capability provided through MyBoeingFleet.com, Airplane Health Management uses real-time airplane data to provide enhanced fault forwarding, troubleshooting, and historical fix information to reduce schedule interruptions and increase maintenance and operational efficiency. It delivers valuable information when and where it’s needed.
AHM integrates the remote collection, monitoring and analysis of airplane data to determine the status of an airplane’s current and future serviceability or performance. It converts the data into information that can be used to make the operational (or “fix-or-fly”) decisions that can make the difference between profit and loss.
Airplane Health Management is part of the Boeing commitment to give customers in the aerospace industry the lifecycle solutions they need to improve profitability and enhance operational performance.
- AHM Real-Time Fault Management. With the airplane still in route, in-flight faults are communicated to the ground and diagnosed, allowing the operator to make real-time operational decisions regarding maintenance and quickly deploy the necessary people, parts, and equipment to mitigate the issue.
- Custom Alerting and Analysis. AHM provides customer-specific monitoring and alerting of any data transmitted from the airplane to address developing airplane system issues. AHM automatically monitors, collects, and transmits service levels using the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) through the installed Aircraft Condition Monitoring System (ACMS). This includes tire pressure, oxygen pressure, hydraulic fluid, auxiliary power unit (APU), and engine oil levels. Consumption trends are tracked to facilitate maintenance planning, calculate optimal service intervals, or provide supplemental information to an extended operations (ETOPS) program.
- Fuel Performance Monitoring. To support airplane fuel efficiency initiatives and optimize flight planning, AHM analyzes and trends airplane cruise performance data. This includes prioritized information regarding fuel efficiency, emission levels, and other performance factors.
Airplane Health Management provides a single source of information from which airlines can make maintenance decisions and identify trends to support long-term fleet reliability programs. It improves an airline’s operational decision-making and saves airlines money by reducing schedule interruptions.
- Trims the number of delays by sending data in real time from the air to the ground so that repair teams can begin work on a solution before the airplane lands
- Shortens delays by allowing airlines to begin solving problems sooner
- Provides enhanced first-time fix effectiveness
- Converts some maintenance tasks from unscheduled to scheduled
- Allows airlines to forecast and fix problems before they result in failure
- Enables optimal flight planning
- Increases fuel mileage
The ChronicX® Solution provides an innovative approach for detecting and managing recurring aircraft defects. It identifies, consolidates, and ranks recurring/ chronic defects (and potential chronics) across aircraft fleets, regardless of the assigned ATA coding, and uncovers hidden trends such as:
- Recurring problems, previously undetected, at both the tail number and fleet-level
- Emerging failure modes that have not yet reached critical status
The result is that maintenance operators and reliability engineers can quickly identify valid recurring defects and fleet-wide problem areas, and maintenance engineers can allocate their time more effectively, properly assigning the most costly and critical emerging problems to the appropriate teams, without the labor-intensive task of inspecting large amounts of data.
- Faster, more accurate recognition of recurring defects.
- Automates identification of defect trends – monitoring problem aircraft and systems.
- Improves management of recurring defects.
- Improves response to chronics, and non-alert chronics
- Simplifies monitoring of problem aircraft and rogue systems
- Increases visibility of maintenance needs (by tail)
- Continuous detection of chronics (updated throughout day)
- Eliminates manual processing of maintenance reports
- Accelerates resolution of repeats
- Conforms to airline-specific definitions
Pioneering the power that matters. Rolls-Royce, as one of the world’s leading industrial technology companies, have developed a global network of advanced digital tools to support the aviation industry. Throughout our history, we have set out to achieve extraordinary goals. Along the way, Rolls-Royce has allowed our customers to unlock their data, which has established new standards, and shapes organisation procedures to reduce cost, risk and maximise efficiency.
The Efficiency suite of products extends beyond fuel saving initiatives, to strike the optimum balance between high fuel efficiency, low maintenance (off-wing) cost and the lowest levels of disruption supporting the delivery of the most cost-effective operating costs. Three levels of service are currently offered – Efficiency Insights, Efficiency Management and Efficiency Optimisation.
Efficiency Management – Emissions delivers a cost-effective, systematic approach to ensure airlines meet the monitoring, reporting and verification requirements of emission trading schemes such as the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme and ICAO CORSIA.
Safety Management System enables organisations to efficiently and cost-effectively implement and maintain a world-class Safety Management System that meets ICAO, IATA and national airworthiness authority guidelines.
Alkym® is the integrated modular MRO software offered by Seabury Solutions. Each customer can select from the list of 18 modules available to cater for their own specific organisation.
The current module listing within Alkym® includes, among others, the following:
Alkym® is not only the most affordable MRO software solution currently available but also the best option in terms of cost-effectiveness.
Seabury Solutions applies a unique implementation methodology based on the best industry and project management practices. Software implementations are carried out by highly-qualified professional teams which consist of a Project Managers, Project Engineers and IT specialists. Each member has a deep understanding of aviation / aeronautical maintenance practices which guides the customers through to a successful implementation project.
Over the course of more than a decade we have successfully implemented over 60 clients in 30 different countries across the globe.
The key difference in our projects is that the average time on site is between 6 and 12 weeks.
Customer Support Service
Seabury Solutions 24 hour Customer Support Service goes beyond traditional support, maximising the value of the customer’s investment and providing a strategic service relationship focused on a long-term success.
Customised solutions, proactive support, software updates, system performance analysis, personalised assistance, among other activities help customers better leverage their existing resources and deliver more value to their business.
NAME OF PRODUCTS MARKETED
• Aircraft Fleet View
KEY BUSINESS/SOFTWARE AREAS
• Business Intelligence solutions
• App and dashboard development
CrossConsense’s portfolio stretches from AMOS Support, BI-Management, Data Migration and Hosting to the products Aircraft Fleet View (progressive web app for up-to-date fleet status), and ACSIS (tool for predictive maintenance).
“Since being established in 2002, we basically think from the perspective of the user. We are not pure IT geeks and it is exactly that which characterizes our services and products. Thus, we distinguish ourselves from most of the specialists for the implementation of solutions. We can’t do otherwise, because in the DNA of CrossConsense are many years of experience in Airlines, in the area of procurement, engineering and maintenance. We know your job as if it were ours. And THAT you will feel immediately!”
AMOS Support: CrossConsense has a long tradition in providing support for AMOS. You have one single point of contact (no separated responsibilities for hardware, database or application support) for 1st and 2nd level. CrossConsense realizes well-planned and perfectly organized data migration projects for airline customers. CrossConsense also offers Reporting and Business Intelligence Analytics for AMOS customers.
Aircraft Fleet View is a user-friendly Progressive Web App (PWA) developed by CrossConsense that gives you an always up-to-date view on your airline’s fleet status. It indicates AOGs, delays and other important information. It provides the right level of detail to be useful but not crowded with information.
ACSIS is a powerful software tool developed to assist any airline, aircraft operator, MRO facility and OEM to avoid AOGs, delays and turnbacks, as well as improve aircraft utilization, and enhance safety. ACSIS integrates with any MRO / M&E Software solution to deliver better insights into aircraft health and potential future problems which can then be dealt with during scheduled maintenance.