Register to view this On-Demand Webinar (recorded 23rd April 2020) for an excellent chance to see a demo and full overview of the new digital, modular and automated Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) App, iCOM from AFSys, designed to digitize and optimize flight operations. As you will see the iCOM EFB App provides a full end-to-end EFB solution for all phases of flight; but airlines and operators can also construct and design their own system, by only selecting the modules that match their exact requirements. As you will see the modules integrate with one central administration portal iCOM Control Center (iCC) allowing for seamless sharing of data and information in real-time, and providing air crew with quick access to all their critical information with a single tap.
The Webinar will begin with AFSys experts providing an overview of the iCOM solution which, as you will see, brings together, displays and manages all air operation information, before a detailed demo from a pilot’s perspective of each of the key modules. Finally you will see a demo of the comprehensive iCC – ground administration tool and see how iCC transforms the EFB into a digital and automated operational platform as well as easy document storage to comply with regulations.
The software demos are divided into 2 key sections:
Demo 1: iCOM EFB App demo – Pilot Walkthrough
You will be taken on a full tour of the iCOM end-to-end EFB App focusing on the following key modules:
- Flight Plan – Pilots receive a digital OFP, and can record approval plus send annotations to the iCC. The module displays comprehensive weather information at different levels along the route and provides pilots with searchable access to key operational information along the route such as: ETP deviation data including meteorology, NOTAMS and alternate airport information.
- Meteo – Displays airport and enroute weather information, with high temporal and spatial resolution. It also anticipates and alerts pilots to weather conditions along the route according to the operational flight plan.
- NOTAMS – Displays NOTAMS; prioritising those that are relevant to the particular flight. ENR NOTAMS are marked clearly on the map.
- Performance – Calculates with graphical representation of the runway results for take-off and landing performance, as well as data for all phases of flight. The performance data can be integrated from a third party application or distributed from the iCC.
- Documents – The digital management of all documents which must be filled in on each flight according to regulations, including Aircraft Security Search, Load Sheet, TLB and Notoc. The module includes digital signature, document archiving and statistical analysis capabilities.
- Reports – Pilots can easily create reports for an efficient two-way data exchange including SMS reports and internal reports such as Delay, Non-Compliance with noise abatement procedure, etc.
- Manuals – Contains all manuals required in the cockpit with quick and sophisticated search functionality so pilots can quickly find the information they need. The system detects changes generated in the revisions to ensure pilots always have access to the latest versions.
- Checklists – Provides pilots with a typical flight operation checklist which is performed electronically and shared and synced between the EFBs in the Cockpit.
Demo 2: iCC (iCOM Control Center) – EFB Administration and Dispatching Tool
Next, via a tour of the advanced, comprehensive iCC ground solution, you will see how to administer all the key operational data. The demo will show how to control the EFBs’ update status, such as software, manuals and databases; how to supply and control the information managed in the EFBs, including manuals, documents, notifications sent to pilots, etc,; and how to store and archive key flight documents that have to be saved for a period of time to comply with regulations.
See a Short demo of iCOM here: http://afsys.aero/en/video-demo.html
- About AFSys and the iCOM digital solution.
- Demo 1: iCOM EFB App demo – Pilot Walkthrough.
- Demo 2: iCC (iCOM Control Center) – EFB Administration and Dispatching Tool.
- Questions and Answers.
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded, and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provides an invaluable reference source of MRO software demonstrations from the World’s leading Flight Operations IT Vendors.
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here