Register to view this On-Demand Webinar (recorded 1st June 2017) for a great chance to see a full overview and demo of the powerful and industry unique live in-flight weather hazards alert system Aventus SIGMA from AVTECH. During the Webinar you will see how Aventus SIGMA uses ACARS and FMS to send to pilots in-flight automatic real-time weather hazard alerts, such as turbulence, wind-shear, thunder storms, ice and volcanic ash; all specific for each individual flight and the actual route, even if re-routed during flight. SIGMA also provides pilots with information on the best route to avoid turbulence or other significant weather in-flight and, as you will see, is powered by the Met Office’s High Resolution Weather solutions providing the most accurate aviation weather data globally.
The Webinar begins with SIGMA experts guiding you through the solution and its key features. You will learn how it pushes automatic critical weather alerts directly to the flight deck presenting pilot friendly information via FMS and can be deployed on any ACARS equipped aircraft with no additional software to install or monitor. Flight crews no longer have to interpret traditional weather maps with information sometimes more than 6 hours old, instead as you will see, using SIGMA forecasts they can make safe and efficient route and trajectory decisions knowing they have the most accurate and recent weather information available.
The Webinar is divided into 3 key stages:
- Full Aventus SIGMA Overview and Airline Case Studies: You will be taken on a full tour of the solution and its key features including how it is benefiting airlines such as easyJet, Southwest and Lufthansa Cargo to optimize cruise, descent and climb trajectories based on the latest wind information, leading to significant fuel savings.
- Met Office UK Global High Resolution Weather Overview: Next the Met Office will walk you through their High Resolution Weather solution providing the most accurate global forecasting and how this key data powers SIGMA, including a real-life turbulence case study, and a look at future developments.
- Pilot Walkthrough Demo: Finally you will see how SIGMA functions from a pilot’s perspective, including receiving and interpreting the weather alerts via the FMS, re-routing to avoid turbulence or other significant weather and selecting the optimum cruise, descent and climb trajectories based on wind information.
- An introduction to AVTECH
- SIGMA Service Overview
- Met Office High Resolution Weather Service Overview
- SIGMA from a pilot’s perspective
- Questions and Answers
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded, and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provides an invaluable reference source of MRO software demonstrations from the World’s leading MRO IT Vendors.
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here