Register to view this On-Demand Webinar (recorded 3rd October 2019) and discover how SITAONAIR’s ground-based software system, AIRCOM® FlightTracker, provides airlines with 100% global, real-time flight tracking capabilities with minute-by-minute position data, and requires no aircraft modification. During the Webinar you will see how AIRCOM® FlightTracker, fulfils ICAO GADSS flight tracking recommendations, gathers data from multiple global sources, including space-based ADS-B, and fills in any gaps in the air navigation service provider’s (ANSP) tracking. As you will see the solution is used on more than 350,000 flights every month by airlines and aircraft operators of all sizes and fleet types worldwide, and provides additional features such as: industry-leading weather-alerting, high-resolution ADS-B Data, Automated alerting to potential problems, and more.
The Webinar is divided into three key segments:
1. AIRCOM®FlightTracker Demo and Latest Developments
SITAONAIR Flight Tracking experts will use a live demo to show how the solution functions, plus the additional features and benefits such as:
- Aircraft agnostic functionality: Equip your flight operations team with the ability to track aircraft, regardless of whether your fleet has ACARS or ADS-B OUT capabilities. FlightTracker uses available FAA Class 1 real-time data, as well as other radar and ATC data from organizations around the world, to provide valuable additional aircraft position information.
- Text alerts for flight ops staff: As you will see a potential problem will be noticed thanks to the FlightTracker Automated Alerting capability. If an aircraft doesn’t report its position when expected, deviates from the flight plan or enters a defined geographic area, FlightTracker will create an alert and start an automatic sequence of actions as appropriate.
- High-res ADS-B data: Allows the operations team to view the flight track of each flight with frequent and accurate positions from our integrated data feed. The position data frequency is automatically increased when the aircraft is not in steady cruise, allowing the ground staff to see manoeuvres, such as holding, in real-time.
- Cross-referenced position data: Provides cockpit crew and airline operations teams with an application that aggregates the best available inflight position data from multiple sources. A single aircraft position display makes it easier to efficiently maintain more accurate aircraft awareness.
2. Key Features and Airline Case Studies
Next you will see the key features that make the solution unique in the market, plus some case studies from airlines outlining the benefits they are seeing from real-time tracking and alerting for their fleets, while improving the situational awareness this process brings.
Key features you will see include:
- AIRCOM® FlightTracker’s ability to provide Space-based ADS-B data to address global aircraft tracking requirements and further enhancement by combining position data from multiple sources such as ACARS, radar data and ADS-B and ADS-C data from FANS equipped aircraft.
- Alerting and area functionality, including ATC Data. Flight operations staff will be alerted if AIRCOM® FlightTracker detects a problem with one of their flights. Access to FANS communications helps ground staff confirm deviations that have been agreed between the crew and ATC.
- Overview of weather layers and the information available. The solution provides an industry-leading weather-alerting feature, helping aircraft avoid extreme weather, including aircraft-specific turbulence, icing and thunderstorm forecasts.
3. Industry Trends and ICAO GADSS Recommendations
Finally, SITAONAIR experts will discuss industry trends, including the ICAO GADSS recommendations, the growing likelihood of severe weather events, increasingly crowded airspace, and why these make reliable flight tracking more important than ever.
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded, and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provides an invaluable reference source of MRO software demonstrations from the World’s leading MRO IT Vendors.
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here