Register to view this On-Demand Webinar (recorded 15th September 2016) and see how to unlock the full potential of mobile Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) technology via an overview and demo of TopWings, the unique ground-breaking EFB concept from industry avionics giant Thales. As you will see during the Webinar TopWings provides airlines and aircraft operators of all sizes and any fleet with a total end-to-end, connected and customized EFB including a choice of on-board and ground hardware, software and connectivity solutions (including the live transfer of data from the aircraft to the ground); with continuous updates; permanent worldwide support, including assistance acquiring regulatory approval; and a swift return on investment.
The Webinar begins with the Thales experts providing a full overview of the TopWings EFB Solution, including software, hardware, connectivity solutions and services, and how airlines and aircraft operators can design the ideal end-to-end solution based on their own unique operating requirements. You will then learn about two hardware EFB Flight Deck innovations – the revolutionary Thales Pad and the Dock & Fly system that enables pilots to use any Tablet device as a connected EFB solution. Finally you will see live demos of two recent EFB software developments – eLogbook and eAirport.
Full details of what you will see during the Webinar:
Webinar Section 1: A Full Overview of TopWings – The connected EFB solution with integrated software, hardware and services.
The Thales experts will provide you with a full overview of the TopWings EFB solution and the rich functionality available including the following:
- On-board and ground hardware solutions.
- Flight Deck and ground software applications, inc: Documentation; Charts Viewer; Electronic Flight folder; Performance Calculation; Weight & Balance; Electronic Logbook; Weather; Flight Optimization, BI Tools; plus more..
- Fully integrated with the airline’s back-end systems (Flight Planning System, Crew Rostering, Maintenance Information system, and more..)
- Communication and Connectivity Services, including live transfer of data from the aircraft to the ground.
- 24/7 Worldwide Support and a wide range of services.
Webinar Section 2: TopWings Hardware Solutions – Thales Pad and Dock & Fly System
Then you will see an overview of the TopWings hardware solutions. The Thales experts introduce you to their revolutionary Mobile EFB solution: Thales Pad. Thales Pad is a fully mobile & connected EFB solution including a tablet that combines the best of consumer and avionics worlds, a docking station and an Aircraft Interface Device. As you will see pilots are able to access their full EFB software suite via an enhanced and modern tablet, be connected to the avionics system and have full user and data security.
Next you will hear about the innovative Dock & Fly Solution, which enables pilots to connect any Tablet device to a connecting docking solution which transforms their Tablet into a fully connected EFB device.
Webinar Section 3: EFB Software Innovation Highlights – eLogbook & eAirport.
Finally you will see live demos of 2 Software highlights:
- eLogbook Module: Enabling fully paperless operations using pilot electronic sign-off, you will see how the eLogbook solution is more than an electronic version of the paper reporting tool, rather is enables the management of aircraft technical status and easy information sharing between pilots, cabin crew and maintenance users and systems.
- eAirport Module: You will see how this new solution provides pilots with optimized navigation at airports by increasing safety and situational awareness via: A full tactile user interface, quick and easy live aircraft location display on airport maps, unique 3D display mode, taxi routing assistance, and more… You will see how the solution increases taxi operation efficiency resulting in reduced fuel consumption and taxiing time.
- Thales Company Overview
- An overview and demonstration of EFB solution TopWings, inc: Software, Hardware, Connectivity & Services
- An overview of Thales Pad and Dock & fly for EFB
- Live Demo of eLogook and eAirport software solutions
- Questions & Answers
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded, and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provides an invaluable reference source of MRO software demonstrations from the World’s leading MRO IT Vendors
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here