Register to view this On-Demand Webinar (recorded 29th Jan 2015) and see how to unlock the full potential of Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) technology via a full overview and demo of TopWings, the unique, ground-breaking EFB concept from industry avionics giant Thales. TopWings provides airlines and operators with a total end-to-end, connected and customized EFB from design to full support including onboard and ground software & hardware solutions and other services. You will also see how TopWings connectivity enables the live transfer of data from the aircraft to the ground.
During the Webinar recording the Thales experts introduce you to their revolutionary new Mobile EFB solution: Thales Pad. Thales Pad is a fully mobile & connected EFB solution including a tablet that combines the best of consumer and avionics worlds, a docking station and an Aircraft Interface Device. As you will see pilots are able to access their full EFB software suite via an enhanced and modern tablet, be connected to the avionics system and have full user and data security.
As you see during the Webinar recording, TopWings provides airlines and aircraft operators with an EFB solution designed specifically for their needs, with a choice of hardware, software and connectivity solutions; with continuous updates; permanent worldwide support, including assistance acquiring regulatory approval; and a swift return on investment.
Full Webinar Recording Details:
The Webinar is divided into 2 key sections: An overview and demonstration of TopWings and an overview and demonstration of Thales Pad:
Webinar section 1: An overview and demo of TopWings – the connected EFB solution with integrated software, hardware and services:
As you know each EFB project is different for every operator or airline and as you see during the Webinar TopWings provides the flexibility to provide the ideal end-to-end solution, via Thales’ own solutions and those from their portfolio of partners, whether an airline or operator are interested in a portable or installed device; in a pilot or aircraft attached device; have a mixed fleet; have specific software or connectivity requirements; require assistance acquiring regulatory approval; interested in an iPad/tablet solution; plus more..
During the Overview and Demo of TopWings, you see how TopWings provides the following functionality:
- Aircraft or pilot-attached EFBs; Installed or portable devices or both
- Onboard and ground hardware solutions, inc: Tablet power supply, aircraft interface device, on-board server, Connectivity. .
- Onboard and ground software applications, inc: Documentation; Charts Viewer; Electronic Flight folder; Performance Calculation; Weight & Balance; Electronic Logbook; Weather; Fuel Performance; FOQA Data Management; BI Tools; plus more..
- Fully integrated with back-end systems (Flight Planning System, Crew Rostering, Maintenance Information system, and more..)
- A wide range of customized services
- Learn how Thales are the prime contractor of the project and takes overall responsibility of implementing the EFB solution allowing fast return on investment
- Communication and Connectivity Services, including live transfer of data from the aircraft to the ground.
- 24/7 Worldwide Support and Services
During this section of the Webinar recording you also see TopWings’ connected aircraft solutions which provide dynamic information for operators and airlines enabling the live transfer of data from aircraft to the ground. Aircrews receive access to real time data including air traffic information and weather updates enabling flight re-routing and reducing turnaround times.
Webinar section 2: An overview and demo of Thales Pad:
The second section of the Webinar introduces you to Thales Pad, their new mobile and connected EFB solution. You will see that all the functionality of TopWings is available via an enhanced and modern tablet device.
The Thales experts walk you through the key features and benefits of Thales Pad including:
- Pilot-friendly touchscreen
- Avionics and open world secured communication
- The patented docking system
- How the tablet has been adapted to the cockpit environment
- How it is fully customizable for each airline or operator and their specific EFB requirements
- How it is fully compatible with the TopWings solution as covered in the first section of the Webinar, including all software and connectivity options.
- Thales Company Overview
- An overview and demonstration of EFB solution TopWings, inc: Software, Hardware, Connectivity & Services
- An overview and demonstration of Thales Pad for EFB, inc: Software, Avionics, Connectivity, Touchscreen
- Questions & Answers
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded, and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provides an invaluable reference source of MRO software demonstrations from the World’s leading MRO IT Vendors.
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here