Sign up to view this Webinar recording and be introduced to the benefits of SITA’s AIRCOMConnect, a new product in SITA’s e-Aircraft Application Services product line. AIRCOMConnect facilitates EFB aircraft applications such as eTechLog to stay connected to ground applications, both in-flight and on ground. It leverages autonomous or existing aircraft communication systems over ACARS or broadband IP sub networks.
You will see how this new application can unlock the full potential of Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) and learn the vast operating benefits this brings.
AIRCOMConnect leverages industry standardization work such as development of:
- AEEC 841 (allowing the exchange of large volume of data over ACARS or broadband IP sub networks)
- AEEC 633 (describing Aeronautical Operational Control (AOC) XML and ACARS message formats)AEEC 619 (ACARS protocols for avionic end systems), and
- AEEC 744 (full-format (aircraft) printer).
Full Webinar Recording Details:
New generation aircraft, such as Boeing 787 and Airbus A350, will continue using narrowband protocols such as ACARS for many years to come. As the volume of data transmitted over ACARS data link is increasing, there is a need for a new protocol that allows avionic systems to exchange large volume of data, larger than maximum ACARS message, over ACARS subnetworks (VDL Digital Link (VDL) Mode 2 or traditional ACARS subnetworks under certain conditions), as well as broadband IP subnetworks.
Advanced aircraft IT platforms, such as EFB, retrofitted into legacy aircraft support a range of cost-saving applications. However, to reach their full value, those applications require staying connected to ground applications, in-flight or on ground.
Sign up to view this Webinar recording where you will be introduced to SITA’s AIRCOMConnect, a new product relevant to both legacy and NGA aircraft based on open standards. This new software solution offers:
- EFB connectivity over AEEC 619 (ACARS)
- EFB connectivity over ACARS or broadband IP subnetworks using AEEC 841 MIAM protocol
- Virtual AEEC 744 printer functionality
You will discover:
- The main elements of the AEEC 841 Media Independent Aircraft Messaging protocol
- A solution that offers EFB in-flight and on-ground connectivity which is independent of aircraft communication channels
- Features and benefits of AIRCOMConnect
- Applicable use cases for this unique product
- Challenges and use cases for EFB connectivity
- Introduction to AEEC 841 Media Independent Aircraft Messaging
- SITA’s AIRCOMConnect – features and benefits
- SITA’s AIRCOMConnect – Live Demonstration
Mario Sabourin, Senior Product Manager – EFB, SITA
Jocelyn Descaillot, Senior Manager, Technical Development, SITA
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded, and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provides an invaluable reference source of MRO software demonstrations from the World’s leading MRO IT Vendors.
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here