Sign up to view this Webinar recording (recorded 22nd May 2014) for a 60 min virtual hands on, of the IT solution that is beginning to change the landscape of aviation M&E / MRO. From an intuitive ‘one screen does it all’ feature called WorkSpace to advanced stand alone complimentary solutions deployed in the top 3 airlines in the world, you will learn in 60 minutes how 2650+ aircraft take off from Ramco’s IT runway instead of regular tarmac.
Join Ramco in this Webinar recording for an in-depth presentation on the challenges faced by the Airline and MRO industry today. You see how sophisticated IT tools and business processes can meet these challenges, enabling airlines, operators, heli-operators and MROs of all sizes across the world to return a profit whilst maintaining safety and regulatory compliance.
The Webinar begins with a look at how the latest industry trends and developments such as, theaviation Big-Data explosion and the emergence of the Connected Aircraft have affected the aviation M&E MRO industry and how your IT solution can be aligned to overcome the challenges and then benefit enormously from the increased levels of sophisticated data and information that are flooding the industry.
The Ramco experts then take you on a live tour of their latest, industry-unique, cutting edge developments, via software demonstrations of the following solutions:
- Role-based WorkSpace: You see how the industry unique role-based WorkSpaces, designed specifically for every critical user, hugely increase productivity and efficiency via live demonstrations of the following workflows: Technical Records, Purchasing and Customer Order Management (for 3rd party MROS).
- Mobile M&E MRO Workflow: You see how mechanics can complete their daily tasks from writing up non-routines to signing off tasks both online and offline, using e-Signatures and much more via mobile devices such as iPads, smartphones and tablets.
This Webinar recording therefore provides you with a great chance to see a high-level review of this industry leading end-to-end M&E/MRO IT Solution which has the potential to run your entire business. The software demonstrations you see, will follow the processes already used successfully by airlines, operators, heli-operators and MROs of all sizes worldwide including: Emirates, Kenya Airways, Columbia Helicopters, FL Technics, AeroGulf, Air India, Caribbean Airways. You will also learn about the latest cutting edge developments which have helped Ramco gain 14 new customers within the past year including: Malaysia Airlines, SpiceJet, Active Aero, Eagle Air, GoodYear, Astra Airlines.
You see how the software can assist you to cut costs and increase efficiency or be able to compare the features and cutting edge functionality to your current system.
- Section 1: Industry trends and the challenges
- Aviation Big Data Explosion
- Managing the era of new Connected Aircraft
- Seeing the Big Picture by cutting through Clutter
- Section 2: Live Software / Product Demonstrations – New Workflows:
- Technical Records WorkSpace: Stay updated on your fleet, right down to each attached component – In this section, see how you can review aircraft configuration, maintenance program statuses and execute complete fleet audit with Ramco’s all new Tech records WorkSpace.
- Purchasing WorkSpace: Wasting time on daily TODOs, sorting through your requests, quotes and orders? See how Ramco’s Purchase Operations WorkSpace brings together all stages of purchasing and groups orders by priority and guides the user throughout the process.
- Line Maintenance ‘Mobility’ Workflow: Making ‘anywhere anytime’ work for you – This workflow showcases how field personnel complete daily activities like reviewing aircraft status, writing up non-routines, signing off tasks, recording part replacements etc, on the go!
- Customer Order Management WorkSpace: This module walks you through how MROs can access all customer details from contracts, customer contact info, credit history, quotations, WIP, invoices and payments, all in one single dashboard.
- Section 3: Questions and Answers
- Your chance to quiz the Ramco experts
Challenges faced by the Airline/M&E MRO industry
Profit and Safety
The airline industry is one of the toughest to run.
The rising competition between airline operators post 2000 is pushing them to optimize costs wherever possible. Even with cost per passenger-mile numbers trickling down and margins soaring high, top airlines extend their mile run in finding new cost pockets to curb.
At the same time, there is responsibility, a scary amount of it although not many an operator would openly admit it. Imagine a year as bad as 2013, with so many accidents. The onus rests with the airline operators to avoid it. So, there is an overwhelming amount of maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO), documentation and compliance to handle, which turns out to be a costly affair.
Irrespective of the size, MRO and engineering of aircrafts are inherently challenging due to the complexity of aircrafts, their subsystems, the criticality of each component and the ongoing revisions from original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). It is a highly-skilled job done by a highly-paid technician! So, apart from managing the inventory costs and tracking the stages of completion of each maintenance task, it also becomes imperative to empower aircraft mechanics and optimize the time they spend on non-core jobs like documentation, so that they can be freed to work on critical jobs.
Trash Your Worries Using IT
So, what is the way out? For years, the aviation industry has understood that IT offers a way of optimizing operations. Yet, many airlines still suffer from the use of disparate point solutions, each generating a repository of redundant data, which often has no ‘meaning’. Surprisingly some operators even handle a few jobs manually and manage vast maintenance data in hundreds of excel spreadsheets! But with the kind of cut-throat competition that is there in the aviation industry today, using an excel sheet as a process optimization, productivity improvement tool will send you back to the stone ages. Offline models of track maintenance, managing safety and regulatory compliance manually using paper-work or spreadsheets, using disparate point solutions are all tools of the past century.Faced with innumerable challenges, airline operators have started seeking and implementing cutting-edge solutions that will help them:
- Automate maintenance & engineering operations
- Usher in best practices across departments
- Augment resource optimization and profitability while also ensuring fleet safety and best-in-class customer service.
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provide an invaluable reference source of MRO software demonstrations from the World’s leading MRO IT Vendors.
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here