*This Webinar is for airlines and operators only
Register to view this On-Demand Webinar (recorded 23rd February 2023) and discover the next level flight performance and fuel efficiency EFB App for pilots – FlyGuide from StorkJet. Powered by the latest AI technology, and designed by pilots, for pilots, FlyGuide uses flight data and the acquired knowledge of pilots from the entire fleet to provide users with all the information and analysis needed to optimize their fuel consumption and flight performance before, during, and after each flight. The App provides pilots with operational information not previously available to them and empowers them to make informed decisions and meet the challenges they face every day, while preparing for each flight and performing their operations.
Via FlyGuide demos following a typical pilot’s workflow, you will see real-life examples of how the App is supporting pilots in their everyday decisions, as well as some key features including ‘Fuel Briefing’ which helps pilots prepare for the flight in the most cost-effective way: plan the proper amount of fuel, use shortcuts where possible, and select the most optimal arrival and departure policies. You will also see the the ’Scores’ module, which gives pilots insight to their own performed flights, together with detailed feedback and tips on how to improve. The demos will show the ease of use, speed, and consistency of this tailored-to-pilots’ expectations App, and the benefits of having the acquired knowledge of pilots of the entire fleet easily accessible within a second, with a few clicks on the EFB.
The webinar will begin with a short introduction of StorkJet and its complementary ecosystem of fuel-efficiency and aircraft performance monitoring solutions, focusing on FlyGuide – the latest development, which is dedicated purely to supporting pilots in fuel reductions. You will then see the importance of collecting, storing, and analysing data from various sources, using AI fuel burn prediction models to identify savings for every second of the flight, and a powerful mobile app to communicate these messages to flight crews. You will also see the flexibility of the FlyGuide App, which can be fully adjusted to any airline-specific needs, including: giving the pilots insight into personalized information, scores, targets, and motivational phrases, as well as ensuring they can log in from any EFB device (iOS, Android, Windows) or any modern web browser.
The main part of the webinar is a full demonstration of StorkJet’s FlyGuide App, showcasing real-live examples of how pilots use it every day to optimize their flights. Finally, you will see FlyGuide roadmap and upcoming cutting-edge developments, including a real-time Flight Path Optimization module.
Now, let’s put ourselves into a pilot’s shoes. The FlyGuide demos will be presented from a pilot-point of view and follow a typical flight. You will learn about the most crucial challenges pilots face and how FlyGuide helps overcome them:
- FlyGuide EFB App – Pre-Flight Demo: Let’s prepare for the flight. You will see how FlyGuide provides the answers to the following questions asked by pilots:
– Can I trust values calculated by the flight planning system?
– How much fuel should I take?
– Can we expect shortcuts?
– Is the average ZFW the same as planned for the flight?
- FlyGuide EFB App – Prepare for Departure Demo: Next, you will see how pilots prepare for the departure, using the FlyGuide App to answer questions about which runway and configuration for departure to select:
– Is my planned runway a popular one or the most economical option? If no, can I ask ATC for an alternative?
– Should I use Single Engine taxi-out? If yes, what is the best moment to turn on the second engine, to include warm-up time?
– Should I use low acceleration altitude and optimal flight configuration for this departure?
- FlyGuide EFB App – Prepare for Arrival Demo: Next, together with pilot, the demo will prepare for the arrival, showing you how FlyGuide assists pilots to plan for arrival in both the safest and most cost-efficient way. You will see how FlyGuide assists pilots to answer questions such as:
– Where can I expect shortcuts at arrival and should I adjust top of descent with that information?
– Is the planned distance as long as the average distance for our arrival?
– Should I use economical flaps, SE, and reverser at my arrival airport?
- FlyGuide EFB App – Post Flight Analysis / Scores: Finally, you will see how a pilot can verify scores after the performed flight. With this detailed post-flight analysis, they can be more involved in fuel policy/operational procedures and increase confidence when providing feedback. Pilots receiving such information may easily answer questions like:
– Have I achieved the target?
– How much fuel have I saved? How much fuel can I still save?
– What should I improve for the following flight?
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded, and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provides an invaluable reference source of Flight Operations software demonstrations from the World’s leading Flight Operations IT Vendors.
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here