Register to view this On-Demand Webinar (recorded 14th July 2016) and learn about the latest advances in digital flight operations manuals and documents editing and publishing with this simple and effective approach to managing applicabilities. During the Webinar the Ovidius digital manual experts show you how, from one master manual (e.g. an OM-B) and using a filter process, applicabilities are used to publish airline documents and manuals unique to a particular aircraft or a subset of aircraft. You will learn how this process, powered by XML, can generate cost savings and huge increases in efficiency managing aircraft specific key manuals and documentation.
The Webinar begins with the Ovidius experts discussing the different approaches to managing applicabilities including the traditional method of associating relevant information with a unique identifier for the corresponding aircraft (MSN or registration) – a process that can lead to errors and is time consuming. During the Webinar you will learn about a different approach currently used successfully in the manufacturing industry – feature-based applicabilities. In this approach all aircraft in a fleet are uniquely characterized by a set of features which can be associated with relevant text or information within a manual – greatly simplifying the process and ensuring accurate and unique manuals for every aircraft.
This Webinar shows you:
- Digital Flight Ops Manuals – Applicabilities Management: You will see how applicabilites make it easy to publish unique manuals and documents for each aircraft using one master manual. Traditional methods are explored and compared
- Next-Gen Feature Based Applicabilities: Next you will learn about this new process, used successfully in the manufacturing industry, how it works and how it greatly simplifies the process and ensures accurate manuals tailored to each aircraft.
- Requirements for Implementation: You will see a list of requirements to implement the new concept and how airlines and aircraft operators can quickly benefit.
- XML Demo Examples: Finally you will see how to easily manage applicabilities using an XML editor.
- Introduction to Ovidius
- Intended audience and prerequisites
- An efficient method for managing applicabilities
- Simplifying the management of applicabilities in aircraft and airline documentation
- Object based applicabilities (benefits and limitations)
- Feature based applicabilities (benefits and limitations)
- Solution Comparison (Time, Money and Accuracy)
- A short real-Life example of applicability management (direct reference vs. feature based) in an XML editor
About Ovidius GmbH
Ovidius GmbH, a gds company, is a specialist for professional XML content management systems for technical documentation within mission critical industries. The business has a broad and deep experience of aeronautical documentation processes. With NATS Services (commissioned by the CAA UK) Ovidius has jointly developed a system for the largely automated creation of AIPs and with TCToolbox/Airline Edition, has delivered a solution for the TUI Group which allows them to efficiently create, manage and publish OMs for all 5 airlines in the group. Core manuals were merged into group manuals and through powerful filter and publishing processes allow users to generate airline/country specific manuals from the group manuals. Ovidius is certified according to the DIN EN 9100-2009.
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded, and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provides an invaluable reference source of MRO software demonstrations from the World’s leading MRO IT Vendors
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here