Optimize fleet utilization and allocate within a broad set of constraints, such as routes, schedules, maintenance, aircraft type and disruption management.
Optimizing the fleet is complex
How do you minimize inefficiencies in aircraft allocation, drive effective aircraft planning, integrate unplanned maintenance constraints, cope with capacity variability, operational changes, short- term maintenance, route restrictions and unexpected disruption?
How airlines currently operate
A typical airline has a team spending some 3–4 hours to prepare a single day’s optimized plan and a 24-hour shift to cope with unplanned variability and dynamic disruptive events—and complexity can quickly compound with each interlinked, unfolding issue.
When the unexpected happens
Tightly planned schedules can quickly be thrown out of kilter by last-minute impacts. Weather, airport delays, airframe or engine failures or crew unavailability can soon jeopardize the airline’s cost base, bottom line and operations.
Now there’s a better way
IFS Tail Planning Optimization and Assignment was developed in collaboration with one of the world’s leading airlines as part of the broader civil aviation solution from IFS.
Optimizing the utilization of your fleet is like synchronizing six cogs in a gear system:
- Commercial planning—frequency determinations, managing fleet allocation, seat capacity calculation, slot planning, seasonal flight schedules
- Operational planning—accommodating the complexities of crew planning and rostering, and ground support equipment planning
- Constraint management—accommodating long term maintenance schedules, sector- and destination-based constraints, definition of connection and minimum ground times, aircraft restrictions, aircraft type swap rule definition
- Tail allocation—optimized allocation of tails to flight, optimization of tails assignment based on fleet preference rules
- Maintenance planning—calculation of mid-term maintenance requirements, dealing with short-term planned and unplanned maintenance
- Disruption management—dealing with preventive actions, aircraft recovery, crew rescheduling, passenger rescheduling and delay propagation
Gathers real-time data from disparate airline systems to continuously optimize the utilization of the fleet based on KPIs
KPI dashboard shows how efficient and effective tail planning impacts critical business goals
Drag & drop manual changes
Integrates with other airline systems, or can operate as part of the end-to-end civil aviation solution from IFS