The EFF is a comprehensive set of flight briefing applications (e.g. Flight Plan, NOTAMs, Weather, Maps, Alternate Summary, ETOPs, NOTOCs etc), which allow pilots to access their briefing package onboard the aircraft, and also from home/hotel/crew room, via a secure internet connection. In addition, the EFF also offers the possibility to create annotations and bookmarks. The applications in the EFF are not stand-alone point applications and may be tailored to meet specific customer requirements.
The features of EFF include:
- Real-time availability of flight briefing data
- Faster, more accurate, and more relevant flight briefing information
- Reduced planning and aircraft briefing time
- Improved dispatch reliability
- Elimination of manual routing and filing of paper documents
- Greater compliance with regulatory requirements