Product Manager, Business Aviation SaaS
21 Dec 2021
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
Jet Aviation Staffing, on behalf of our venture capital backed client, are looking for Product Managers to be remotely based anywhere in the United States. The company provide modern operational and financial software for the global business aviation industry, currently used by operators of 2,000+ business and government aircraft in 25+ countries.
- They help aircraft operators:
– aggregate aircraft data from multiple systems in a single data warehouse
– save thousands of hours every month by automating common business processes, e.g., aircraft owner billing statement (invoice) preparation
– improve profitability and enhance decision-making by introducing fleet-wide analytics and reporting
- They help aircraft owners:
– gain access to their aircraft’s data, e.g., plane and crew schedules, financials, upcoming maintenance, subscriptions, budgets, and documents
– perform self-service, e.g., by requesting flights and approving charter requests
- Unique opportunity
– In 2021, in addition to our core platform, we are working in partnership with some of the leading private jet operators in the world on several new strategic initiatives
– You will work closely with co-founders and customers to both execute on the new initiatives and enhance our existing platform, with short development cycles and immediate customer impact
– Help them grow into the leading financial & analytics platform for business aviation
– We are both well-funded and profitable
– Led by a seasoned executive team. Harvard Business School and Berkeley graduates. Founded a Y Combinator company before (GetGoing, acquired in 2016). Grew a business to $1B in annual sales. Developed one of Time Magazine’s “50 Best Websites”. Portside Series A was led by Tiger Global.
We are looking for a product manager to help us develop strategic new software modules and critical customer-requested enhancements. The product and engineering team is currently ~30 strong (and growing). They use a modern technology stack, including:
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Back-end: Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Devops: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Monitoring: Kibana, Sentry, LogRocket, Pagerduty, Prometheus, Grafana
- Custom reporting: Jaspersoft Studio
- Communication & design: JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Figma
What you will do
- Establish strong professional relationships with co-founders, product team, customers, designers and engineers to collaboratively build and then own significant parts of our growing product portfolio
- Connect technical and business worlds
- Break down complex problems into manageable parts ready for development
- Understand customer pain points and own and oversee development through the entire life cycle of designing, prototyping, developing, testing, shipping & supporting a solution
Who you are
- You are a true “roll up your sleeves, take responsibility and get code shipped” product owner. You know how to hustle to get things done. You are most likely coming from a startup, where you had sole responsibility for building and shipping a complex product; you may have co-founded a software startup before or were the first / sole product manager.
- You are very analytical. You like solving complex puzzles.
- You like working with data and have managed complex API integrations in the past.
- You are great with writing specs and technical documentation.
- You are an excellent communicator and can explain complex concepts in simple terms.
- Last but not least, you are self-driven, well organized, curious, and tenacious. You ask a lot of questions, dig deep, and come up with creative solutions. You execute reliably and with a great sense of ownership and accountability.
- Interest in or passion for aviation are a big plus! If you understand Part 135/91, even better.
What we offer
- A high-impact job with a unique opportunity to wear many hats, quick professional growth and lots of learning opportunities
- Ability to work remotely anywhere in the US PST – EST time zones
Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options
For more details and information on how to apply please contact Neil Engerran (firstname.lastname@example.org)