Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group extends its OASES contract with Commsoft
31 Jul 2014
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
Commsoft, a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems, is delighted to announce that Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group, the UK’s largest independent aerospace and defence company, has extended its contract with Commsoft for the use of OASES.
Commsoft’s flagship product, OASES is a ‘best-of-breed’ MRO IT system which offers an industry-leading technical sophistication whilst being intuitively user-friendly. To allow for scalability, OASES is structured in a modular format and Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group has selected the Airworthiness, Planning and Core modules.
The 12-month, 5 concurrent users contract will allow Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group to explore new CAMO business opportunities, and exploratory discussions are soon to be held to review the potential uploading of data of two Cessna Citation corporate aircraft into OASES.
Nick Godwin, Commsoft Managing Director, commented:
“We’re delighted that Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group, with its extensive aviation capabilities, has decided to continue using OASES to develop its CAMO business. We’re looking forward to working closely with them to help ensure their continued success”.
Notes to Editors
Commsoft Press Office
Phone: +44 (0)844 822 1658
Mobile: +44 (0)773 946 1061
- Founded in 1971, Commsoft (Communications Software (Airline Systems) Ltd) won its first airline contract in 1975. Today, the company is a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems.
- Commsoft’s flagship product is OASES (Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System) which is currently in use by over 50 customers worldwide, ranging from national carriers and large third-party maintenance providers to small independent operators.
- Commsoft’s Head Office is in Tiptree, Essex. The company also has regional offices in Derby and Norwich and another close to Gatwick Airport as well as an office in Australia and support partners in India and Singapore.
About Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group
- Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is the UK’s leading independent aerospace and defence company. With its Head Office in Cambridge, the company has offices on four continents, a worldwide customer base, an annual turnover in excess of £295 million, and employs more than 2000 people.
- The company specialises in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of military, commercial and business aircraft, as well as defence vehicle and shelter designs, integrated workspaces, survivability and in-service support solutions.
- Part of the 105 year-old Marshall Group of Companies, which has an annual turnover of £1.3 billion, Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group has over 80 years of aviation experience and has completed over 1500 aircraft modifications in 35 countries