Commsoft’s OASES chosen by MEGA Maldives Airlines
17 Oct 2012
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
Commsoft, a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems, is delighted to announce that MEGA Maldives Airlines, the international airline of the Republic of Maldives, has chosen Commsoft’s Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System (OASES) for its ongoing MRO operations.
The airline is keen to commence using OASES as soon as possible for its inventory activities for its fleet of Boeing 757s and 767s and will progressively ‘go live’ with other functionality during the end of 2012 and early 2013.
Using a dual standalone hot/cold server set up, MEGA Maldives will be running a suite of OASES modules, including Core, Materials Management, Production, Planning, Line Management, and Airworthiness.
Nick Godwin, Commsoft’s Managing Director, commented: “Given that we faced intense competition from other MRO system suppliers, we are particularly pleased to have won this contract. It highlights the many benefits that OASES has to offer to aviation maintenance operations of all sizes and further supports our expansion in worldwide markets. Commsoft has invested significantly in further enhancing support for the region”.
– Ends –
Notes to Editors
- Founded in 1971, Commsoft (Communications Software (Airline Systems) Ltd) won its first airline contract in 1975. Today, the company is a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems.
- Commsoft’s flagship product is OASES (Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System) which is currently in use by over 50 customers worldwide, ranging from national carriers and large third-party maintenance providers to small independent operators.
- Commsoft’s Head Office is in Tiptree, Essex. The company also has regional offices in Derby and Norwich and another close to Gatwick Airport as well as an office in Australia and support partners in India and Singapore.
About MEGA Maldives Airlines
- Established in 2010, MEGA Maldives Airlines, the international airlines of the Republic of Maldives, is an integrated scheduled charter service specialising in holiday travel to, from and within Asia.
- The airline currently flies to Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Chongqing, Chengdu, Hangzhou and Incheon on scheduled and charter operations from both Male’ Ibrahim Nasir International Airport and Gan International Airport. Through partner companies in Maldives, MEGA Maldives Airlines also provides in-bound holiday packages and services.
- MEGA Maldives Airlines has offices and representatives in Maldives, Hong Kong, London, Beijing and Seoul.
- The airline operates a fleet of two G.E. CF6-powered Boeing 767-300ERs and one Rolls Royce RB211-535E4-powered Boeing 757-200. A further 757-200 is expected to join the fleet in 2012.