COMMSOFT’S OASES CHOSEN BY 3GREEN TO SUPPORT AEROVISTA GROUPS OPERATIONS
16 May 2014
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
Commsoft, a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems, is delighted to announce that Dubai-based aviation consultancy, 3Green, has chosen OASES to support Aerovista Group’s operations in the Middle East, Central Asia, CIS and Africa. Aerovista provides integrated aircraft leasing and management services for clients in fast-growing emerging markets and also operates Vista Georgia, a full service airline based in Tbilisi that conducts wet lease projects and charter operations in the Middle East and CIS regions.
Under the terms of the 5 year, 15 concurrent users contract, not only will 3Green/Aerovista be using OASES to support Aerovista’s expanding fleet of Boeing 737s and Airbus A320s but also pursuing new customers in a marketing partnership with Commsoft and providing implementation support and training to those customers who adopt OASES. Mathewos Gobena, CEO of 3Green and COO of Aerovista, will be working closely with Commsoft’s MD Nick Godwin to co-ordinate market targets.
OASES, designed to combine ease of use with an industry-leading technical sophistication, is structured in a modular format and 3Green/Aerovista have selected the Core, Airworthiness, Planning and Materials modules. They will also be the first OASES users to take advantage of Commsoft’s newly expanded hosted environment which will be going live in early June 2014.
Nick Godwin commented:
“It’s always gratifying for us when new users join the OASES community but this is a particularly significant contract win for us. Aerovista has some very exciting plans for growth – indeed, they plan to triple the size of their fleet by 2016 – and in addition, together with 3Green, will be helping us to extend the use of OASES in some important but challenging markets. We’re delighted to welcome them both as customers and as strategic partners.”
Mathewos Gobena, COO of Aerovista, added:
“3Green and Aerovista offer a dynamic range of aviation support services. Collectively we need a powerful, flexible and intuitive MRO IT system that serves these diverse needs. Having evaluated many alternatives, OASES clearly is the best choice for our operation.”
· Founded in 1971, Commsoft (Communications Software (Airline Systems) Ltd) won its first airline contract in 1975. Today, the company is a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems.
· Commsoft’s flagship product is OASES (Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System) which is currently in use by over 50 customers worldwide, ranging from national carriers and large third-party maintenance providers to small independent operators.
· Commsoft’s Head Office is in Tiptree, Essex. The company also has regional offices in Derby and Norwich and another close to Gatwick Airport as well as an office in Australia and support partners in India and Singapore.
· 3Green is an aviation consultancy firm based in Dubai, UAE, providing services to airlines in the areas of automation, system development, training and flight planning. The company’s management team has over 70 years’ combined experience in the field of international airline flight operations for both wide and narrow body aircraft.
· 3Green specialises in aircraft performance, flight planning, digital operations document management, airport/runway/obstacle data analysis, aircraft evaluation, NOTAM services and electronic navigation databases.
About Aerovista Group
· Founded in 1999 and based in Dubai, UAE, Aerovista is an integrated aircraft leasing operator, providing wet lease, finance lease, dry lease and aircraft management for clients in fast-growing emerging markets in addition to a full range of other aviation-related services.
· Vista Georgia is the Group’s independent operating arm. Based in Tbilisi, Vista Georgia is a full service airline that conducts wet lease projects and charter operations in the Middle East and CIS regions and currently operates a fleet of one 737-300 and two 737-500 aircraft and more aircraft to join the fleet for summer 2014 (B737 and A320).