Commsoft signs new OASES contract with Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group
10 Sep 2013
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
Commsoft, a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems, is delighted to announce that Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group has signed a new contract with the company for the continued use of the OASES MRO IT system. The 12-month, 5 concurrent user contract will allow Marshall to explore new business opportunities for its CAMO services.
Designed to combine ease of use with a technical sophistication that allows for the full integration of all maintenance and engineering functions, Commsoft’s OASES is structured in a modular format. Marshall, already an OASES user since opting for the system to support its CAMO application, has selected the Core, Airworthiness and Planning modules.
Nick Godwin, Managing Director of Commsoft, commented:
“Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is a highly regarded aviation engineering company with strong UK MoD links, so we’re particularly pleased that they have decided to continue with their use of OASES. It is also highly gratifying that Marshall considers OASES to be a real advantage in its drive for new CAMO business opportunities.”
– Ends –
Notes to Editors
Commsoft Press Office
Phone: +44 (0)844 822 1658
Mobile: +44 (0)7739 461 061
- Founded in 1971, Commsoft (Communications Software (Airline Systems) Ltd) won its first airline contract in 1975. Today, the company is a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems.
- Commsoft’s flagship product is OASES (Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System) which is currently in use by over 50 customers worldwide, ranging from national carriers and large third-party maintenance providers to small independent operators.
- Commsoft’s Head Office is in Tiptree, Essex. The company also has regional offices in Derby and Norwich and another close to Gatwick Airport as well as an office in Australia and support partners in India and Singapore.
About Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group
- Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the UK’s leading independent aerospace and defence companies. With its Head Office on a 475-acre site in Cambridge, the company has an annual turnover in excess of £270 million, a worldwide customer base and employs more than 1,800 people.
- The company specialises in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of military, civil and business aircraft – including engineering design, manufacturing and testing – and is also authorised to provide many type approvals usually only granted by national and international authorities, airlines, airframe manufacturers and defence agencies.
- Marshall works with many of the world’s leading civil and commercial aviation organisations as well as providing strategic operational support services to military aviation customers, including the Royal Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, Royal Netherlands Air Force and Canada’s Department of National Defence.