Commsoft signs new 5 year OASES contract with Blue Air
01 Oct 2013
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
Commsoft, a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems, is delighted to announce that it has signed a new five-year contract with Blue Air AMS, the Romanian low-cost airline, for the continued use of Commsoft’s OASES MRO IT system.
Originally founded in 2004, Blue Air was the first Romanian airline to be launched with 100% Romanian private equity and its business was acquired recently by Airline Management Solutions. The business assets of the old company have now been formally transferred to the new owners and the newly-named airline has been awarded an Air Operations Certificate by the Romanian CAA.
An OASES user since 2006, Blue Air AMS plans to migrate to the latest AMP and AD/SB software early in 2014 for the on-going maintenance of its current fleet of Boeing 737s, including one 737-300, one 737-500 and four 737-400s. The airline will be supported in its upgrade by Commsoft’s own Bucharest-based implementation team.
In addition, Blue Air plans to leverage its OASES capability to win third party CAMO business from other air fleet operators.
Designed to combine ease of use with a technical sophistication that allows for the full integration of all maintenance and engineering functions, Commsoft’s OASES is structured in a modular format and Blue Air has selected seven module options – Core, Airworthiness, Planning, Production, Materials, Line Maintenance Control and Warranty.
Nick Godwin, MD of Commsoft, commented:
“We’re delighted that Blue Air, under new ownership, has demonstrated its continued faith in OASES by signing this new contract. And the fact that they also view OASES as a real selling point for attracting new CAMO business is further evidence that we really do have a ‘best of breed’ system.”
Aurelian Bobei, CAMO Director of Blue Air AMS, noted:
“Blue Air Airline Management Solutions and its predecessor company have worked closely with Commsoft over the last 6 years to improve the functionality in OASES. We are pleased that powerful new AMP and AD/SB management capabilities have been added together with new warranty and line maintenance modules. We have been pleased to have contributed to developing these extensive enhancements”.
– Ends –
Notes to Editors
- Founded in 1971, Commsoft (Communications Software (Airline Systems) Ltd) won its first airline contract in 1975. Today, the company is a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems.
- Commsoft’s flagship product is OASES (Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System) which is currently in use by over 50 customers worldwide, ranging from national carriers and large third-party maintenance providers to small independent operators.
- Commsoft’s Head Office is in Tiptree, Essex. The company also has regional offices in Derby and Norwich and another close to Gatwick Airport as well as an office in Australia and support partners in India and Singapore.
About Blue Air AMS
- Founded in 2004, Blue Air was the first low-cost Romanian airline to be launched with 100% Romanian private equity. Following its acquisition by new owners in September 2013, the airline is now officially known as Blue Air – Airline Management Solutions SRL (Blue Air AMS).
- Based in Bucharest, Blue Air currently has a fleet of Boeing 737s, including 1 x 737-300, 1 x737-500 and 4 x 737-400s, flying to 25 destinations across Europe from three Romanian airports – Bucharest, Bacau and Sibiu.
- Blue Air also offers third party CAMO services.