Commsoft adds Cardiff Aviation to its growing list of OASES users
21 Nov 2013
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
Commsoft, a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems, is delighted to announce that Cardiff Aviation Limited has selected OASES to support its CAMO and MRO operations and has signed a five year, 10 concurrent users deal.
Founded in 2012 by senior aviation manager and entrepreneur Mario Fulgoni and Bruce Dickinson, vocalist with rock band Iron Maiden, Cardiff Aviation is a fully-approved and certificated aviation maintenance, engineering, technical services and training group based at the St Athan-Cardiff Airport Enterprise Zone in South Wales. Mr Dickinson has flown for over 7000 hours as a Boeing 757 pilot and formerly worked with Mr Fulgoni at the UK-based Astraeus Airlines.
With 132,000 square feet of fully-equipped hangar space and workshops alongside a 6000 foot ILS runway, and with parking for up to 20 narrow-bodied airliners, the company is equipped to undertake almost any planned or unscheduled engineering and maintenance work and has the expertise and approvals to certify aircraft from many jurisdictions. Cardiff Aviation’s current clients include a range of national carriers and independent airlines as well as a number of aircraft leasing companies.
OASES, designed to combine ease of use with a technical sophistication that allows for the full integration of all maintenance and engineering functions, is structured in a modular format. Cardiff Aviation has opted to use Commsoft’s hosted Windows RDP environment to run the Core, Airworthiness, Planning, Production, Materials and Warranty modules.
Nick Godwin, MD of Commsoft, commented:
“With significant new investment and exciting plans for expansion, Cardiff Aviation looks set to have a significant impact on the aerospace industry across the South Wales region and beyond. We’re obviously delighted that they have chosen OASES to support their CAMO and MRO operations and we’re looking forward to working closely with them to ensure the successful implementation of the system.”
Phillip Brown, Quality Manager of Cardiff Aviation, commented:
“The selection process was one of the key cornerstones to the creation of Cardiff Aviation and numerous other products were reviewed. We chose OASES because it gives us the confidence that we are using a mature and efficient product and it reinforces the way we perform to achieve the high standards we expect. We are excited about this selection and looking forward to building a long term relationship”.
– Ends –
Notes to Editors
Follow Commsoft on Twitter @Commsoft_OASES
- Founded in 1971, Commsoft (Communications Software (Airline Systems) Ltd) won its first airline contract in 1975. Today, the company is a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems.
- Commsoft’s flagship product is OASES (Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System) which is currently in use by over 50 customers worldwide, ranging from national carriers and large third-party maintenance providers to small independent operators.
- Commsoft’s Head Office is in Tiptree, Essex. The company also has regional offices in Derby and Norwich and another close to Gatwick Airport as well as an office in Australia and support partners in India and Singapore.
About Cardiff Aviation Limited
- Founded in 2012 by Mario Fulgoni and Bruce Dickinson, Cardiff Aviation Limited is a fully-approved and certificated aviation maintenance, engineering, technical services and training group based at St Athan-Cardiff Airport Aerospace Enterprise Zone in South Wales, United Kingdom.
- Occupying the former ‘Twin Peaks’ RAF base, Cardiff Aviation is equipped to undertake planned or unscheduled engineering or maintenance work, up to and including C-check, as well as preparation for and completion of leaseback/handback and storage. The company also has a full exterior refurbishment and paint capability and extensive interior design and installation facilities.
- In addition, the company has an experienced aircraft leasing team and, following the acquisition of European Skybus Flight Training, is able to offer training on a variety of Boeing and other simulators.