China Eastern Airlines Selects Thale’s Entire Avionics Suite
09 Jan 2014
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
China Eastern Airlines’ new Airbus single aisle fleet will fly with Thales’s newest avionics solutions. The selection includes surveillance systems, flight management systems and head up displays(1).
Following Airbus’ announcement to integrate Thales’s ACSS T3CAS® surveillance platform as the preferred solution on all new single aisle aircraft, China Eastern is the first major Chinese airline to select this new generation system (2).
Also equipped on the aircraft will be TopFlight, Thales’s Flight Management System (FMS). This system, developed with GE aviation, is the number one choice for Airbus single aisle jets with over 60% market share (3).
The Thales Head Up Display (HUD) is the sole solution certified on Airbus aircraft and compliant with the latest Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) roadmap for HUD integration in Chinese registered commercial aircraft.
“China Eastern, already one of our main customers for FMS systems, has now become our largest customer for T3CAS® Surveillance Systems and Head-Up Displays in China, which we feel will lay the foundations for future ATM requirements in this region” Daniel Malka, Vice President and General Manager Thales Avionics Services Worldwide
- China Eastern will equip TopFlight FMS, the market leader in Flight Management systems with over 60% market share on Airbus Single Aisle.
- TopFlight includes FLS capabilities which no other system can duplicate.
- The client also selected the next gen T3CAS®, a complete surveillance solution now the default platform on all Airbus planes.
- China Eastern also selected Thales’s Low Range Radio Altimeter (LRRA) and Thales’s/Kannad’s Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) as part of their selection package.
- Phoenix-based Aviation Communication & Surveillance Systems (ACSS), 70% owned by L-3 Communications and 30% owned by Thales, is a leader in safety avionics systems that increase safety, situational awareness and efficiency for aircraft operators in all phases of flight. The surveillance platform is compliant with existing and future ATM requirements in Europe, US and APAC regions and opensthe way for ADS-B IN capabilities. Besides offering an integrated TCAS Change 7.1, a performance based TAWS and an ADS-B capable transponder in a 6 MCU package, T3CAS® also offers a full range of Airbus ADS-B IN functions such as ATSA-AIRB (Enhanced Air traffic Surveillance) and ATSA-ITP (In Trail Procedure) on Single Aisle and Long Range aircraft.
- The Thales FMS system includes powerful hardware combined with the latest certified Airbus Release 1A software is offering second to none reactivity and unique features such as secondary flight plan, realistic navigation trajectory computations or FMS Landing System capabilities (FLS) to the flight crew.