The ChronicX® Solution provides an innovative approach for detecting and managing recurring aircraft defects. It identifies, consolidates, and ranks recurring/ chronic defects (and potential chronics) across aircraft fleets, regardless of the assigned ATA coding, and uncovers hidden trends such as:
- Recurring problems, previously undetected, at both the tail number and fleet-level
- Emerging failure modes that have not yet reached critical status
The ChronicX solution goes beyond ATA code matching and simple text mining by utilizing two innovative components. The first component is a remotely hosted service that employs advanced natural language processing and fuzzy logic to analyze maintenance records and pilot reports (PIREPS and MAREPS) to generate “clusters” of potential recurring defects. The second component is an interactive user environment that filters and sorts these chronic clusters according to fleet-type, tail number, and ATA code, to improve prioritization of the most costly and critical problems.
The result is that maintenance operators and reliability engineers can quickly identify valid recurring defects and fleet-wide problem areas, and maintenance engineers can allocate their time more effectively, properly assigning the most costly and critical emerging problems to the appropriate teams, without the labor-intensive task of inspecting large amounts of data.
Airlines improve the health of their fleets
- Faster, more accurate recognition of recurring defects.
- Automates identification of defect trends – monitoring problem aircraft and systems.
- Improves management of recurring defects.
- Improves response to chronics, and non-alert chronics
Maintenance Control Centers reduce unscheduled downtime, delays and cancellations
- Simplifies monitoring of problem aircraft and rogue systems
- Increases visibility of maintenance needs (by tail)
- Continuous detection of chronics (updated throughout day)
Reliability Groups improve response to fleet needs
- Eliminates manual processing of maintenance reports
- Accelerates resolution of repeats
- Conforms to airline-specific definitions